10 tips on facial skin care for acne
1. Wash your face twice a day with a gentle cleanser like Vitasure Gentle Cleanser.
2. Apply your acne topical agent prescribed by your dermatologist after cleansing.
3. Apply your moisturiser/sunblock (eg. Vitasure Day Cream) over the acne topical preparation.
4. At night, apply Vitasure Night cream instead of the Day Cream.
5. Avoid squeezing your pimples.
6. If you have blackheads or whiteheads, see your dermatologist who can remove them safely with special instruments.
9. If you acne does not settle within three months with the above measures, see your dermatologist to discuss oral antibiotics, oral contraceptives (females only) or isotretinoin (Roaccutane/Oratane/Acnetane).
10. Ignoring acne can result in scarring. Treatment of scarring is more difficult than controlling acne with medication. Treatment of scarring is often surgical.